“Knowledgeable, responsive and easy-to-reach lawyers.” Chambers & Partners
Mixed use development
Mixed use development
The mixed use development team provides a full range of services to housebuilders, developers and funders. The team brings together property, construction, planning, environmental and tax lawyers to ensure clients receive a seamless service. This ensures we can deliver the right expertise in the right timescale. Each client has a single point of contact in the team with overall responsibility for ensuring the client receives the service standards it expects.
We view establishing and maintaining high service standards as critical to developing good long-term relationships with clients. We recognise the need for our lawyers to be available at all times, and for the firm to have sufficient resources to deliver the client’s timescales. We view the services we provide to clients as facilitating the transactions which they wish to carry out in their timescale, rather than being a blockage to that. We find solutions to enable clients to achieve their targets, both in terms of acquisitions but also plot sales.
We recognise how critically important an efficient plot selling operation is to all developers. We are happy to either act solely on acquisitions or to act for clients on plot sales as well, as the client's operational requirements dictate.
Acquisitions and disposals
- All aspects of acquisitions including strategic land options agreements, conditional contracts and overage arrangements
- Disposals of development sites including serviced land parcels
- Consortium arrangements
- Funding documents including mezzanine finance and joint ventures
- Planning and Environmental advice
- Construction advice
- Expertise in affordable housing
- Drafting estate documentation
- Executing sales to meet client timescales
- Purchase and sales of part exchanges where appropriate
- Cost effective but well resourced operation
- Remote on line access to schedules where clients can view the current status of any plot with which we are dealing.
- Property capability statement: Thames Valley
- Property finance brochure
- Property management & disputes capability statement: Thames Valley
- Property litigation brochure
- Housing capability statement: Thames Valley
- Projects capability statement: Thames Valley
- Support for operational projects capability statement: Thames Valley
- Retail brochure